Prepared on November 7, 2023
|Reports To||Health Director|
|Type of Employment||Part-Time|
|Work Hours||2 days per week|
|Salary||$110 per hour|
The Shoalwater Bay Wellness Center is excited to announce the hiring of an additional Dentist 2 days per week. Thursday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm Friday: 8:00 am-3:30 pm.
The Dentist is responsible for carrying out the responsibilities of providing dental care services to the Native American population residing in the service area of the Shoalwater Bay Tribe and Non-Native Community of the surrounding counties. Develop and implement dental care plans; instruct and counsel patients; record patient progress. Able to demonstrate cultural sensitivity along with being apolitical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Collects data pertaining to patient assessment in a complete and systematic manner.
- Reviews patient history.
- Performs complete and thorough oral exams.
- Demonstrates knowledge of aseptic technique and practice.
- Practice using current evidence-based guidelines:
-Diagnostic evaluations of hard and soft tissues.
-Interpretation of radiographs, PANO, CBCT.
-Use of intra-oral cameras.
-Caries risk evaluation.
-Ability to diagnose pathological or irregular oral conditions.
- Oral Surgery:
-Simple and surgical tooth removal with suturing as necessary.
-Use of surgical handpiece to remove bone and section teeth.
-RCTS, Pupal debridement.
-Perio flap surgery.
-Scaling and root planing.
-Carious teeth with standard materials and prescribed materials-(e.g., amalgam, composite, temporary restoration).
- Restores teeth with crown and bridge restorations.
- Administers local anesthesia.
- Treats missing teeth with removable and fixed prosthodontics.
- Performs appropriate pediatric dental treatment.
-Refers out to appropriate pediatric specialist as necessary.
-seeks medical and/or dental consultations and specialty care when appropriate or beyond the Tribal Dental clinic's scope of practice.
Provides emergency dental care as needed or requested.
Maintain electronic dental files:
-Observes and develops treatment plans appropriate to the patient's underlying disease and current symptoms.
-Treatment plan development and follow through.
-Modifies treatment regimens in the best interest of patients.
- Ability to bill third party revenue through patient care, proper documentation, planning and management of dental clinic resources.
- Completes required reports and prepares all required information necessary for billing.
- Maintains current, active, valid, unrestricted Washington State Dental licensure, and current DEA licensure through the Tribe.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Participates in the Tribe’s quality improvement and dental planning activities as necessary.
- Works cooperatively with the Health Director, other providers, and dental staff personnel, as well as any other funding programs that are available to the Tribe’s Wellness Center is encouraged.
- Observes strict patient confidentiality, and all pertinent requirements of HIPAA and any other confidentiality regulations.
- Performs any additional reasonable roles and responsibilities as determined necessary by the Health Director.
- Covers Dental “on call” emergency calls through answering service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of CDC, Dept. of Health, OSHA standard as it applies to the dental environment.
- Adheres to universal precautions.
- Monitors compliance with safety policies and procedures of the Health Program.
Experience and Eduction
Dental degree (DDS and or DMD) and more than 4 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equivalent experience will not be accepted in place of required education.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
DDS and/or DMD
|Work Location||Work on Location Premises
2373 Tokeland Rd.
Tokeland, Washington 98590
|Job Posting Valid Through||Valid until filled|
|Position Start Date||Immediately|