Cultural Administrative Assistant
Prepared by Human Resources on October 1, 2022
|Department||Culture & Heritage|
|Reports To||Culture Director|
|Type of Employment||Full-Time|
Assists Culture Director & Library Manager with general operations of Library, Cultural department and museum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondences; designing filing and archiving systems and reviewing supply requisitions.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information and identifying trends.
- Define and implement procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of archival records.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains supplies inventory for gift shop by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of suppliers.
- Work with Public Relations and WBE personnel to advertise and promote gift shop & cultural events.
- Planning and implementing cultural and library events.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Ability to continually develop cultural knowledge base to better assist the department.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Answer phone calls in a pleasant manner.
- Prepare and mail all US/USA/ Fed Ex packages
- Other duties as assigned and as necessary
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Local cultural knowledge preferred. Knowledge of supply management, informing others, tracking budget expenses, managing processes, developing standards, promoting process improvement, inventory control and reporting skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Eduction
High school diploma or equivalent; some college coursework, certification or an associate’s degree preferred. Basic office experience and knowledge recommended.
Equivalent experience will not be accepted in place of required education.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Basic mathematical skills; addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Safety and Security
Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Common office environment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The employment relationship with Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe is voluntary; there is no specified length of employment. Accordingly, either the Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, at any time, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
After 60 days of employment
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment coverage
- Short term disability
- Long term disability
- Disability resources
After 90 days of employment
- Annual Leave accrual
- Sick Leave accrual
- Bereavement Leave
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Paid Holidays
After 1 year of employment
- 401K contribution
Tokeland, WA 98590
|Job Posting Valid Through||Valid until filled|
|Position Start Date||Immediately|