Prepared on October 23, 2023; Approved by CFO on October 23, 2023
|Type of Employment||Full-Time|
|Salary||$125,000 per year|
Directs financial activities of the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Salary is DOE
This position will transition into the CFO position within 6 months to 1 year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes, or recommends to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and accounting policies for Tribe.
- Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of an organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arranges for audits of company’s accounts.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Works with the general ledger to generate and distribute directors actual to budget.
- Maintains general ledger and reviews for accuracy.
Must be a CPA or able to achieve CPA status within one year of employment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Eduction
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equivalent experience will not be accepted in place of required education.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Must be a CPA or able to achieve CPA status within one year of employment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Common office environment.
Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring of this position in accordance with Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe’s policy 181 within the Tribes Employee Handbook.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The employment relationship with Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe is voluntary; there is no specified length of employment. Accordingly, either the Shoalwater Bay Indian Tribe or the employee may terminate the employment relationship at will, with or without cause, at any time, so long as there is no violation of applicable federal or state law.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
|Work Location||Work on Location Premises
2373 Tokeland Rd
Tokeland, Washington 98590
|Job Posting Valid Through||Valid until filled|
|Position Start Date||Immediately|